I am a Licensed Psychological Practitioner and offer quality, up-to-date therapeutic services and psychological assessments to individuals and families.
It can be difficult to find a therapist you feel you can trust. I strive to make every person feel heard, understood, and respected. You are the expert on yourself. It is my role to listen and help you find your own answers. We will work together to develop the therapeutic skills necessary to propel you forward. I typically do this using techniques drawn from Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, which teaches you how to change your negative thoughts to live a more positive and happy life. CBT is one of the most effective forms of therapy for a variety of disorders.
I have extensive experience with mood disorders including anxiety and depression. I can also help you work through behavioral disorders, substance abuse, trauma and all the little moments that make life stressful. As a team, we will individualize your treatment to help you meet your goals.
I graduated from Centre College and earned my Masters in Clinical Psychology at Eastern Kentucky University. At Eastern, I worked in a clinic focused on treating children with autism and also in the university’s counseling center working with college students. I've spent the last five years working in community mental health providing individual, group, and family therapy for a variety of issues.
I have specialized training in a number of areas including:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Relaxation Techniques
- Mindfulness (often used for stress reduction)
- Motivational Interviewing (effective for substance abuse issues or therapy with teens)
- Parent-Child Interaction Training (to increase positive parenting and child compliance)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (used to increase emotional control, improve relationships, & often related to trauma issues)
- Assessment training (IQ, achievement, condition specific assessments)
I also have extensive experience with:
- Family Therapy
I look forward to working with you!